Friday, July 24

Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas

So I got this idea from a recipe card in a grocery store (it called for deli turkey, canned pineapple, and their store brand of some type of hot pineapple grilling sauce that I could never find - maybe they discontinued it?) Real chicken/turkey and fresh pineapple work best. As far as the sauce I've tried it with jalapenos and chipolte sauce, but the green chilies really make it (hence you don't see it calling for jalapenos and chipolte sauce).

Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas

I usually vary the amount of chicken and pineapple I use each time I make these, but I tried to give approximate amounts as a guide.


Chicken, precooked and cut or shredded - can also use turkey (about 1/4 cup per quesadilla)
Cheese, I use mozzarella (about 1/2 cup per quesadilla)
Pineapple, fresh is best - thinly sliced, but you can use canned (If using canned, you will want to either use crushed or cut the chunks or slices into smaller pieces. You will also want to drain the pineapple.)

8-in flour tortillas (2 per quesadilla)

Pineapple Sauce for Quesadillas (about 1 Tbsp per quesadilla) - recipe below

Spread pineapple sauce on tortilla, place in large nonstick skillet sauce side up. Layer with chicken, cheese and pineapple. Top with remaining tortilla. Heat over medium heat until hot. Cook each quesadilla 4 minutes or until light golden brown and cheese is melted; turning once.

Pineapple sauce for Quesadillas

Numbers are ratio - so I put twice as much pineapple as I do bell pepper and I put as much bell pepper as I do red onion - I don't actually measure ingredients for this, I may one day so I can make it more consistent.

2 Pineapple

1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Red Onion

2 Green Chilies

Chili Garlic Sauce (add to taste - I'm a wimp with hot stuff so I don't add more than 1/8 tsp)

Blend ingredients for Pineapple Sauce in blender or food processor until there are no chunks left.

No comments:

Post a Comment