Friday, July 24

Chicken Taco Soup

So I really love Taco Soup, I had forgotten this until my baby was born and a friend brought over some so I wouldn't have to make dinner (thanks Lisa). I love soups and I also really love tortilla chips, so this is a great combination. I do not know if I'd ever really done a Chicken Taco Soup though, so I thought I'd try it with some leftover chicken mixture from a Chicken Taco Salad that we'd had (we didn't have any more lettuce...) It worked great!

Chicken Taco Soup

2 Cups chicken, shredded
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can corn
Taco Seasoning (doubled recipe)
1 can (29 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes

tortilla chips
shredded cheese
sour cream

In a large saucepan combine chicken, beans, corn, taco seasoning, and tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment