Friday, July 24

Chicken Taco Salad

Summertime and salads just go together. I really love salads. I really do not eat them enough considering how happy they make me when I do. I thought I'd try a little different spin on a taco salad (I really love the taco salads at Mexican places where they use chopped chicken). The dressing for this salad is simply a 1:1 mixture of salsa and sour cream, it works wonderfully well!

Chicken Taco Salad

2 Cups chicken, shredded

1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can corn
Taco seasoning to taste
water (1/2 - 1 cup)
9 cups Lettuce

2 tomatoes, chopped

1 can olives, sliced

salsa (your choice, I use mild)
sour cream

3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded

Tortilla chips or Tortilla bowl

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine chicken, beans, corn taco seasoning and water. Cook until heated through stirring occasionally (you may need to add more water as it cooks to keep it from becoming dry). While chicken is heating, rinse and tear lettuce for the salad (I use baby spinach, romaine or red leaf lettuce). Mix the salsa and sour cream at a 1:1 ratio, this will be the salad dressing.

Once the chicken mixture is finished, assemble salads (in tortilla bowls if using) with 1-1/2 cups lettuce, 3/4 cup chicken mixture, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, olives and tomatoes to taste. Top with salsa-sour cream mixture. Serve with tortilla chips if not using tortilla bowls. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment