Friday, July 24

Lime & Herb Slow Cooker Chicken

This recipe was adapted from a recipe in Grandma's Best Loved Recipes. I was trying to make a cooked chicken and I wanted to try a new flavor. I had limes (not lemons like the recipe called for) and only dried herbs (not fresh like the recipe called for) and I did not have a few of the other spices, but I think it turned out great - there was just enough flavor, but not overpowering. Which was good because I made other recipes with the chicken.

Lime & Herb Slow Cooker Chicken

1 whole chicken (up to 5 lbs)

1 lime, cut into eights
2 tbsp parsley, dried
1 tbsp rosemary, dried
1 tsp thyme, dried
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
1 small onion, cut into eights

4-8 cloves garlic


Rinse chicken, fill cavity with lime and herbs and about half of the onion and garlic. Close cavity with toothpicks or tie the chicken legs together. Place chicken in slow cooker, place garlic and onion around chicken. Pour chicken broth over chicken.
Cook chicken on low setting for 8 hours, or 4 hours on high setting or until done (meat thermometer reading 180 degrees Farenheit).

No comments:

Post a Comment