Wednesday, August 5

Stuffed Pork Loin

My husband and I bought an eight pound pork loin on sale about 2 months ago. That's right, 8 lbs (almost weighed as much as my baby when he was born, almost...) I cut it into more manageable portions. This is the last large chunk (I also cut two smaller pieces that I am going to be using this week to make a pork-chop recipe - but with pork loin cuts not pork chops.)

I really wanted to try cooking a stuffed pork loin in the Crock-Pot, why? I couldn't tell you, other than it is summer and the thought of cooking it in the oven sounded WAY too hot! So I tried it, and it didn't turn out too bad (stuffing was a little moist, but that was to be expected.)

Stuffed Pork Loin

To make the stuffing:
Follow directions on the package (I did use a bit more celery and onion than it called for.) DO NOT use as much liquid as it calls for, DO NOT DO IT! I would use at least 1 cup less, I only used 1/2 cup less, what was I thinking?!?
Saute onion and celery
Mix together stuffing (I have not tried home made stuffing yet, maybe I will this fall... we'll see.)
Place pork loin on cutting board, cut off excess fat (I omitted this step because I was in a hurry, and wished I had not. Well unless you like eating cooked fat, then you can leave it on.)

Cut the pork loin open (about 1/2 inch thick).

place stuffing in pork loin and pull the two ends together. Stuff as much stuffing inside as you can (Cram it all in!)

Place it in the slow cooker. No need to add any liquid. Cook on low for about 7-8 hours or until done. Using a slow cooker larger than 3.5 quart might be a good thing... or using a smaller pork loin.

Pull out of slow cooker. The meat falls apart so it isn't as pretty as when it is made in the oven, but my apartment was a lot cooler!
Enjoy!

Printer Friendly - Click print on the bottom of the linked page

No comments:

Post a Comment